by: Grace Ogbomo
Dear RockPoint Church,
We pray that God continues to bless, protect, and strengthen you and your family. We want you to know that we are here for you – to pray, counsel and assist you in these trying times and always. A big thank you to all of you who continue to join us for both on-campus and online services. We pray that the weekly fellowship and messages continue to bless you. We have three important updates:
- On-campus church services are going very well - If you are not symptomatic, and not high risk, we encourage you to attend on-campus. We have seats spaced out in line with social distancing guidelines, and have overflow room available as needed with large projection. Our Church Reopening plan includes sanitation and “social distancing” processes as per the guidelines issued by the CDC and local government. So that you know what to expect, please review the attached detailed guidelines.
- Communion at homes tonight – Typically on the first Fridays of the month, we meet for communion. Due to Covid-19, we are encouraging you to meet at home with your families to observe communion. For information on how to take the Holy Communion at Home, Click here - Taking the Holy Communion At Home!
- Stand for Justice – In light of the recent tragedy and protest in our nation, we know that God’s word tells us to: 8 Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed. 9 Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless, and see that they get justice.(Proverbs 31:8-9, NLT).
As God’s people, we cannot remain silent when God asks us to speak up. We are and will continue to work with other ministries to promote racial reconciliation and justice. This time, we want you to join us in person this Saturday to take a stand with a Unified Prayer / Peaceful Protest Gathering for this Saturday, June 6th, at 10 a.m. This will take placein the Parking area of Zion Baptist Church as we aim to serve with love, compassion and justice by prayerful intercession into the crisis of our day in the tragic death of George Floyd and the unrest that we are experiencing together.
- Please arrive at 9: 30 a.m. and gather around the staging area.
- Greeters will encourage 6’ distancing and help raise awareness
- Parking will be available in City and County parking areas/ Also, First Baptist Church has graciously opened their lots for the event.
- FM receivers will be provided by MPD for those wishing to remain in their cars.
- This will be a peaceful event, and we are working with Marietta Police Department
If you have questions, or need more information, please do not hesitate to call us at 770-648-3070 or contact us via the church website at www.therockpointchurch.org using the “Contact” tab on the menu bar.
Thank you again for your continued prayers and support!
Pastors Taiwo & Grace Ogbomo
RockPoint Church, Kennesaw, GA
Connecting People with God, Others & Destiny
The content of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient specified in message only. It is prohibited to share any part of this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender. If you received this message by mistake, please reply to this message and follow with its deletion, so that we can ensure such a mistake does not occur in the future.