by: Grace Ogbomo
Dear Church Family,
At RockPoint Church, the health and wellbeing of our church family, friends, and communities is our priority. As updates surrounding the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, we want you to know that we are praying for you and your families. Let us know how you are doing. In the meantime, here are some updates:
- Money Matters Seminar – The Money Matters Seminar scheduled for later today is being rescheduled. Since we have a couple of registrants from outside our church, and due to the new CDC guidelines on gatherings, we want to be sure we are sending the right message to our community. We will let you know the new date when things return to normal.
- Online Church Service – Our Sunday worship service will be broadcasted live online. Our church leaders/ministers will be live. We invite you to join us, as we worship God together. You are welcome to join us online or live (if you are not symptomatic). If you join us live, we will maintain the six-feet apart guideline. If you are symptomatic, please let us know (so we can pray for you), and join online @ https://therockpointchurch.org/.Be sure to keep your worship time truly devoted to worshiping God.
- Prayer and Fasting – Let us come together as a church family to join in fasting and prayer to combat COVID-19. In Matthew 17:14-21, in response to demonic oppression in the life of a young boy, Jesus prescribed fasting and prayer to His disciples as the antidote to the problem of hopelessness/helplessness they faced. We are faced with this mountain called COVID-19, but we are not hopeless/helpless. We will fast and pray from Monday (March 22nd to Sunday March 29th):
- Our prayer objective is to call on the Lord to intervene in this matter
- Type of Fast will be partial (6am-12pm, 6am-3pm, or 6am-6pm). Do what you can
- Specifically; prayer focus will be for ourselves, families, church nation, and the world
- Prayer points and scriptures to be provided on our church updates page on Sunday after service @ https://therockpointchurch.org/updates/
- We will pray corporately via teleconference at 9pm daily (Monday to Saturday by dialing 5156049094;883832809)
- Reach out to us if you need support or prayers
You and your loved ones are always in our thoughts and prayers. It is going to be well with you and your loved ones. Do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Pastors Taiwo & Grace